The Technical Action Group Inc. (TAG) is an Ontario Corporation that, since 2003, has a proven successful track record in delivering business-focused Managed IT solutions to technology dependent businesses in the GTA and across Canada.
TAG is owned and operated by its President Joseph Stoll and his wife Sandra (they’re the happy couple on the home page), and supported by the following team:
- 7 full-time Microsoft-certified technicians with experience ranging from 2 years, to 18 years of professional experience. All technicians are graduates of a technology diploma program in Ontario, hold various certifications and continue their professional development to keep up with the ever evolving technology world.
- 1 full-time Service Dispatcher / Resource Manager
- 1 full-time person managing marketing, finance and office administration
- 1 Chief Information Officer
- Upcoming: project coordinator
All TAG resources are located in its office at 56 The Esplanade, Toronto (Front and Church). TAG does not employ contract or off-shore resources.
TAG is extremely proud of its corporate culture that puts its clients and its valuable team first. At the heart of TAG’s success are its hardworking, passionate IT professionals and behind the scenes support who love what they do, and it shows through our professional, extremely friendly and likeable technicians that are a rare find in an often-stressful service based industry as IT support.
TAG leadership recognizes that in a service-based business, particularly IT, many days can be rather stressful, with often no predictability in each team member’s day insofar as the number and complexity of service requests, varying client personalities and temperaments (particularly when experiencing technical frustrations), users’ knowledge of IT, and frustration levels through circumstances out of the TAG team’s control.
TAG leadership further realizes that each team member’s level of satisfaction in their professional roles, interactions with their colleagues, and satisfaction with senior management and leadership of TAG is directly linked to their emotional and physical well-being, as well as their effectiveness and professionalism in delivering technical and support service to its clients.
To put it simply, unhappy, unfulfilled, underappreciated and poorly managed computer support technicians are at high (and understandable) risk of delivering substandard IT service and engaging in unfriendly interactions with its customers.
This is why TAG’s leadership philosophy places HIGH emphasis on building a close-knit, collaborative, supportive and fun work environment for its team. We do this in a few ways:
- Daily morning huddles of all team members
- Regularly scheduled round table lunchtime in-depth meeting with leadership and all team members covering technical, corporate, client service request trends, and emerging trends in technology that could assist clients
- Monthly 2-hour technical team meeting to cover training of new technologies and methods to support client business objectives
- Quarterly after-hours TAG team or TAG team and spouse / partner social events consisting of dinner and interactive physical events such as bowling, ping pong, virtual games, arcades, etc.
- Other team after hours’ leadership sponsored events such as Evening At The Market, Second City, standup comedy, etc.
- Health and wellness focused: Three large, high quality computer monitors for each team member. High quality standing desks / height adjustable desks to minimize physical hazards due to prolonged sitting.
- Dog friendly
Through these activities, TAG corporate mission is achieved through fostering a very close-knit, nurturing, collaborative, supportive, respectful team and leadership who help each other excel as individuals and within their careers. In turn, clients receive service that is not just professional, but also personalized, compassionate and friendly which translates into how we service our clients.