Position1: Help Desk Technician With Managed IT Services Provider
Technical Action Group (TAG) is a busy and growing IT managed services provider located in downtown Toronto looking for an outgoing, dynamic individual with a true passion for technology, positive attitude, thrives in a small team environment, with a desire to grow in their position to work with our business clients to fix issues remotely and onsite with their technology environment (desktops, laptops, servers and network appliances).
This is an exciting and challenging technical support job where every day is different, you’ll be exposed to dozens of different computer networks, and you’ll use industry-leading support tools to help fix our clients’ issues. You’ll work with an AMAZING team of smart, hardworking, humour-filled and outgoing IT professionals who LOVE helping our clients and as well, helping each other grow and learn within the team.
If you are looking for a company where the team is like “family”, you can quickly advance with the right combination of customer service, passion for growth and aptitude to learn quickly, then Technical Action Group is the perfect place for you. Technical Action Group’s close-knit, fun team and culture support each other, help each other learn and grow, and have each other’s backs when needed, makes TAG a very unique and pleasurable place to work within the Managed IT Services sector.
This position is perfect for an energetic and passionate technical solution provider with Post-Secondary IT training and a minimum of 4 years’ experience working in an IT support role, mainly focused on troubleshooting issues.
The successful candidate will become part of our front-line Help Desk team, providing mostly remote (using our remote management system) and some onsite support to our small business clients and helping to monitor the health and functionality of their computers and networks. This includes:
- Supporting Windows based networks running, MS Office (all versions), backup systems, antivirus and SharePoint for clients ranging from 10 to 130 seats.
- Resolving client issues regarding MS Windows (all versions), MS Office (all versions), VPN and File & Printer Services
- Setting up and administering user accounts and system assets.
- Supporting unique requirements of remote users.
- Setup and support of Office 365 & Azure cloud solutions
- Loading software images on desktops and laptops including the configuration of MS Windows, MS Office, TCP/IP, VPN, etc.
- Installation of new hardware or exchange defective components on servers and desktops.
- Troubleshooting and support for internet connectivity and e-mail issues.
- Open service requests and resolve issues with technical support professionals from application vendors.
- Occasionally take inbound calls from clients, create tickets, complete initial discovery questions and scheduling of next steps
- Maintain databases to track hardware/software inventory and trouble tickets.
Desired Skills, Experience and Traits:
- Computer science degree or network administration diploma AND have at least 4 years of solid field experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot errors utilizing a wide variety of resources.
- Eye for detail
- Accurate typing speed of 55wpm or more.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft operating system architecture
- Strong documentation and discovery skills
- iPhones, Android devices and Tablets support
- Anti-virus/anti-spyware programs
- Exchange and Office 365 solutions
- Windows certifications
- Experience using LabTech and/or ConnectWise is a big plus.
- You must be easily and clearly understood by our clients over the telephone and in writing. This is such a critical requirement that anyone who cannot be clearly understood during an initial phone screening for this position will not be considered, regardless of technical qualifications.
- Available to work occasional after hours or weekends as work requires.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills is absolutely essential as you must be very easily and clearly understood by our clients over the telephone and in writing.
- You always communicate in a respectful, professional and friendly manner with users, fellow team members and client Executives.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly, and in a calm manner.
- Self-motivated and hunger to learn new technologies while working in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
WHAT OUR TEAM SAY ABOUT WORKING AT TECHNICAL ACTION GROUP:
In the last quarter of 2016, TAG team members were asked to respond to a confidential survey provided by management on a variety of questions, one of them being what difference working at TAG make in their lives. Here are some sample responses:
“relaxed atmosphere, freedom to grow and learn”
“Supportive teammates who you can rely on to help you reach goals”
“...provides an amazing opportunity to challenge yourself. If you are willing and able to learn you are in an excellent environment which will nurture and encourage those skills”
“Superb teamwork, trust and positive attitudes that help life everyone up”
“…a knowledgeable staff that’s willing to share and help you grow with your own knowledge”
“…friendships have been formed. Through stressful times, the TAG team provide countless light hearted and downright funny moments to get you through the day”
“…a safe, supportive environment where professionalism and being a team player is appreciated and nurtured”
HERE'S WHAT OUR ENVIORNMENT OFFERS:
Technical Action Group (TAG) is a computer and network Support Company in downtown Toronto that provides fully-managed IT solutions to technology-dependent businesses across the GTA with 10 – 130 workstations. We specialize in preventing IT problems for our clients and when they do arise we provide them with prompt, friendly service so they can get back to work quickly. Essentially, TAG acts as the IT department for its clients, which allows us to be involved in special projects using emergent technologies. Here’s what you can expect working at TAG:
- A company where you will get the chance to work on a wide variety of networks, projects and issues.
- The opportunity to learn from those more senior to you and use our industry-leading remote monitoring and management platform.
- Comfortable walk from Union and King Street Stations
- St. Lawrence Market neighbourhood
- Competitive remuneration and a full medical benefits package.
- Overtime is compensated.
- An AMAZING supportive, friendly, fun and collaborative team of IT professionals who LOVE what they do, making for a close-knit team who support each other.
- Dog friendly office
- Recently completely renovated office with height adjustable/standing desks
- A company that respects and appreciates its hard-working team, and shows it by organizing scheduled after hours’ outings to "let our hair down" and have some well-deserved fun!
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Your application should include the following information:
- Your availability.
- Your experience in customer service in a technical support capacity.
- Work history and technical education.
Send your application and resume to:
Please, no telephone or fax applications, or recruiters.