When it comes to network security, it is easy for small to medium sized businesses to say “not me”, “they are only after the big guys.” The reality is that attacks on all networks are increasing year after year as hackers have become more sophisticated, and small businesses are being affected every day by relaxed or non-existent security policies.
There are a number of ways Technical Action Group in Toronto helps to ensure that you are at minimum risk:
- Updates – Keeping computers and network equipment updated with fixes to known operation system bugs is one of the most effective steps to preventing a possible network security issue.
- Firewall – A common mistake in small to medium business networks is the lack of a business grade firewall solution. Our firewall experts will help make sure you have the proper firewall in place to ensure optimum protection from outside intruders.
- Antivirus/Antispam – Data threats come in all shapes and sizes from virus and spyware to outside intrusions and employee theft. As your IT outsourcing partner, our team has the necessary skills and best practices to maximize your information security, both inside and outside your firewall.
- Passwords – Password and password protection are proving to be an area that needs attention when discussing network security. Using sophisticated software and tools, hackers are easily gaining access to small business networks through simple or default passwords. We regularly educate our clients on the importance of this through education when we discover anyone using very simple passwords that are targets for hackers.
- Remote Network access: You need the flexibility and peace of mind to work from anywhere - securely. Now more than ever management and employees need the flexibility to securely work from outside the office quickly, constantly and seamlessly; whether it’s from home, cottage, hotels, or remote offices. We have extensive experience setting up secure, remote access solutions to give our clients the flexibility to work from anywhere, while keeping their data safe and secure.
- Web Access Protection; How much are you paying your staff to surf non-work related websites and threaten your business with viruses? Not only does unauthorized Internet usage by employees sap productivity, but it also contributes to network congestion and slowdowns, and could be putting your business at risk for Web-based threats like spyware, viruses and phishing attacks that are rapidly increasing in number, complexity and effectiveness, putting businesses that rely on the Internet at risk. Learn More
No matter the size of your business, network security is a definite requirement for every business in the digital age. If you are worried or unsure of where to start with an internal security audit, our team can help get you on track.